- •TRPC3 is a component of a novel mechanism that stimulates plaque calcification.
- •A macrophage-associated, BMP-2 dependent process stimulates plaque calcification.
- •First evidence suggesting that macrophages retain ability to produce BMP-2 in vivo.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Vascular calcification in type-2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease: integrative roles for opg, rankl and trail.Vasc. Pharmacol. 2016; 82: 30-40
- Calcification of advanced atherosclerotic lesions in the innominate arteries of apoe-deficient mice: potential role of chondrocyte-like cells.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2005; 25: 1420-1425
- Bone morphogenetic protein signaling in bone homeostasis.Bone. 2015; 80: 43-59
- Endothelial cells modulate osteogenesis in calcifying vascular cells.J. Vasc. Res. 2004; 41: 193-201
- Runx2-upregulated receptor activator of nuclear factor kappab ligand in calcifying smooth muscle cells promotes migration and osteoclastic differentiation of macrophages.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2011; 31: 1387-1396
- Rankl enhances macrophage paracrine pro-calcific activity in high phosphate-treated smooth muscle cells: dependence on il-6 and tnf-alpha.J. Vasc. Res. 2012; 49: 510-521
- Macrophage cell lines produce osteoinductive signals that include bone morphogenetic protein-2.Bone. 2002; 30: 26-31
- The trpc family of trp channels: roles inferred (mostly) from knockout mice and relationship to orai proteins.Handb. Exp. Pharmacol. 2014; 223: 1055-1075
- Reduced endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis and impaired unfolded protein response in trpc3-deficient m1 macrophages.Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 2014; 307: C521-C531
- Reduced necrosis and content of apoptotic m1 macrophages in advanced atherosclerotic plaques of mice with macrophage-specific loss of trpc3.Sci. Rep. 2017; 7: 42526
- Evidence for constitutive bone morphogenetic protein-2 secretion by m1 macrophages: constitutive auto/paracrine osteogenic signaling by bmp-2 in m1 macrophages.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2017; 491: 154-158
- Bone marrow deficiency of trpc3 channel reduces early lesion burden and necrotic core of advanced plaques in a mouse model of atherosclerosis.Cardiovasc. Res. 2014; 101: 138-144
- The constitutive function of native trpc3 channels modulates vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression in coronary endothelial cells through nuclear factor kappab signaling.Circ. Res. 2010; 106: 1479-1488
- The neuroimmune guidance cue netrin-1 promotes atherosclerosis by inhibiting the emigration of macrophages from plaques.Nat. Immunol. 2012; 13: 136-143
- Gene expression changes in foam cells and the role of chemokine receptor ccr7 during atherosclerosis regression in apoe-deficient mice.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006; 103: 3781-3786
- Deep transcriptomic profiling of m1 macrophages lacking trpc3.Sci. Rep. 2017; 7: 39867
- Critical role of macrophages in glucocorticoid driven vascular calcification in a mouse-model of atherosclerosis.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2008; 28: 2158-2164