- •80.2% of adults without overt CVD had LDL-C ≥3 mmol/l.
- •Severe hypercholesterolaemia (SH) was present in 3.2% of middle-aged Lithuanians.
- •Decreasing prevalence of SH was observed during 2009–2016 in Lithuania.
- •Likely phenotypic familial hypercholesterolaemia was found in 1.5% of middle-aged adults.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence and characteristics of lipid abnormalities in patients treated with statins in primary and secondary prevention in Spain. DYSIS-Spain Study.Rev. Esp. Cardiol. 2011; 64: 286-294
- Prevalence and treatment of atherogenic dyslipidemia in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in Europe: EURIKA, a cross-sectional observational study.BMC Cardiovasc. Disord. 2017; 17: 160
- Dyslipidemia prevalence, treatment, and control in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA): gender, ethnicity, and coronary artery calcium.Circulation. 2006; 113: 647-656
- Implications of recent clinical trials for the national cholesterol education program adult treatment panel III guidelines.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2004; 44: 720-732
- Prevalence of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Lithuanian Middle-aged Subjects Participating in the Primary Prevention Program, Analysis of the Period 2009-2012.Blood Press, 2015: 41-47 (vol. 24(1))
- 2016 ESC/EAS guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias: the task force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the european society of cardiology (ESC) and European atherosclerosis society (EAS).Eur. Heart J. 2016 Aug 27; (pii: ehw272. [Epub ahead of print])
- Progress in the care of common inherited atherogenic disorders of apolipoprotein B metabolism.Nat. Rev. Endocrinol. 2016; 12: 467-484
- Diagnostic yield and clinical utility of sequencing familial hypercholesterolemia genes in patients with severe hypercholesterolemia.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2016; 67: 2578-2589
- Opportunistic screening for familial hypercholesterolaemia via a community laboratory.Ann. Clin. Biochem. 2012; 49: 534-537
- Familial hypercholesterolaemia is underdiagnosed and undertreated in the general population: guidance for clinicians to prevent coronary heart disease: consensus statement of the European Atherosclerosis Society.Eur. Heart J. 2013; 34: 3478-3490a
- Screening for familial hypercholesterolaemia.Pathology. 2012; 44: 122-128
- Design of the familial hypercholesterolaemia australasia network registry: creating opportunities for greater international collaboration.J. Atherosclerosis Thromb. 2017; 24: 1075-1084
- Lithuanian High Cardiovascular Risk (LitHiR) primary prevention programme - rationale and design.Seminars in Cardiovascular Medicine. 2012; 18: 3
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH): Report of a Second WHO Consultation.World Health Organization, Geneva1999
- Excess risk attributable to traditional cardiovascular risk factors in clinical practice settings across Europe - the EURIKA Study.BMC Publ. Health. 2011; 11: 704
- Prevalence of lipid abnormalities in the United States: the national health and nutrition examination survey 2003-2006.J Clin Lipidol. 2012; 6: 325-330
- Evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (adult treatment panel III) final report.Circulation. 2002; 106: 3143-3421
- The prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of dyslipidemia among adults in China.Atherosclerosis. 2016; 248: 2-9
- Dyslipidemia in primary care- prevalence, recognition, treatment and control: data from the German Metabolic and Cardiovascular Risk Project (GEMCAS).Cardiovasc. Diabetol. 2008; 7: 31
- Lifestyle and risk factor management in people at high risk of cardiovascular disease. A report from the european society of cardiology european action on secondary and primary prevention by intervention to reduce events (EUROASPIRE) IV cross-sectional survey in 14 european regions.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2016; 23: 2007-2018
- Triglycerides and cardiovascular disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2011; 123: 2292-2333
- Prevalence and overlap of different lipid abnormalities in statin-treated patients at high cardiovascular risk in clinical practice in Germany.Clin. Res. Cardiol. 2010; 99: 723-733
- Prevalence of dyslipidemia in statin-treated patients in Canada: results of the DYSlipidemia International Study (DYSIS).Can. J. Cardiol. 2010; 26: e330-e335
- Persistent lipid abnormalities in patients treated with statins: Portuguese results of the Dyslipidemia International Study (DYSIS).Rev. Port. Cardiol. 2011; 30: 47-63