- •The Latvian Registry identified 2.3% of FH patients within three years.
- •Patients were poorly managed before inclusion in the Registry.
- •Only 4.4% of patients had their LDL-C levels at goal before inclusion.
- •Specialized care provided by the Registry substantially improved patient management.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Familial hypercholesterolaemia is underdiagnosed and undertreated in the general population: guidance for clinicians to prevent coronary heart disease: consensus statement of the European atherosclerosis society.Eur. Heart J. 2013; 34 (3478–3490a)
- The Agenda for familial hypercholesterolemia: a scientific statement from the American heart association.Circulation. 2015; 132: 2167-2192
- Genetic causes of monogenic heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia: a HuGE prevalence review.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2004; 160: 407-420
- The inheritance of essential familial hypercholesterolemia.Am. J. Med. 1964; 37: 402-407
- Long-term risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in us adults with the familial hypercholesterolemia phenotype.Circulation. 2016; 134: 9-19
- Diagnostic yield of sequencing familial hypercholesterolemia genes in patients with severe hypercholesterolemia.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2016; 67: 2578-2589
- Efficacy of statins in familial hypercholesterolaemia: a long term cohort study.BMJ. 2008; 337 (a2423)
- Management of patients with familial hypercholesterolaemia.Nat. Rev. Cardiol. 2015; 12: 565-575
- The American heart Association's recommendations for expanding the Applications of existing and future clinical registries.A Policy Statement From the. Am. Heart Assoc. Am. Heart Assoc. 2011; 123: 2167-2179
- Role of international registries in enhancing the care of familial hypercholesterolaemia.Int. J. Evid. Base. Healthc. 2013; 11: 134-139
- Pooling and expanding registries of familial hypercholesterolaemia to assess gaps in care and improve disease management and outcomes: rationale and design of the global EAS Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Studies Collaboration.Atherosclerosis Suppl. 2016; 22: 1-32
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of the purinergic 1 receptor are not associated with myocardial infarction in a Latvian population.Mol. Biol. Rep. 2012; 39: 1917-1925
- Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease with a Mediterranean diet.N. Engl. J. Med. 2013; 368: 1279-1290
- Familial hypercholesterolemia: screening, diagnosis and management of pediatric and adult patients: clinical guidance from the National Lipid Association Expert Panel on Familial Hypercholesterolemia.J. Clin. Lipidol. 2011; 5: S1-S8
- 2016 ESC/EAS guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias.Eur. Heart J. 2016; 37: 2999-3058
- Recommendations for treatment of hyperlipidemia in adults. A joint statement of the Nutrition Committee and the Council on Arteriosclerosis.Circulation. 1984; 69 (1065a-90a)
- 2016 european guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice. The sixth joint task force of the european society of Cardiology and other societies on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice (constituted by representatives of 10 societies and by invited experts).Developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation (EACPR). 2016; 37: 2315-2381
- ESC/EAS guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias: the task force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the european society of Cardiology (ESC) and the european atherosclerosis society (EAS).Eur. Heart J. 2011; 32: 1769-1818
- European guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice (version 2012). The fifth joint task force of the european society of Cardiology and other societies on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice (constituted by representatives of nine societies and by invited experts).Eur. Heart J. 2012; 33: 1635-1701
- Homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia: new insights and guidance for clinicians to improve detection and clinical management. A position paper from the Consensus Panel on Familial Hypercholesterolaemia of the European Atherosclerosis Society.Eur. Heart J. 2014; 35: 2146-2157
- Familial hypercholesterolaemia: a global call to arms.Atherosclerosis. 2015; 243: 257-259
- Familial hypercholesterolemia in the Danish general population: prevalence, coronary artery disease, and cholesterol-lowering medication.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2012; 97: 3956-3964
- Tendon xanthomas in familial hypercholesterolemia are associated with cardiovascular risk independently of the low-density lipoprotein receptor gene mutation.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2005; 25: 1960-1965
- US physician practices for diagnosing familial hypercholesterolemia: data from the CASCADE-FH registry.Journal of clinical lipidology. 2016; 10: 1223-1229
- A population-based cross-sectional study of cardiovascular risk factor in Latvia.Medicina (Kaunas, Lithuania). 2012; 48: 310-316
- Iedzīvotāju Veselības Apsekojuma Rezultāti Latvijā. Rīga.2016
- Severe heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia and risk for cardiovascular disease: a study of a cohort of 14,000 mutation carriers.Atherosclerosis. 2014; 233: 219-223
- ScreenPro FH - screening Project for familial hypercholesterolemia in central, southern and eastern Europe: basic epidemiology.Vnitr. Lek. 2017; 63: 25-30
- ScreenPro FH - screening Project for familial hypercholesterolemia in central, southern and eastern Europe: rationale and design.Vnitr. Lek. 2017; 63: 43-48