- •We have enrolled 59 patients (0.7%) who had a FH score above 3.
- •The mean LDL-c level upon enrollment was 229.84 mg/dl for the untreated patients.
- •91.52% of the patients had a possible FH score, while 6.7% a probable FH score and 1.6% had a definite FH score.
- •Based on this data the prevalence of FH in Romania is: 1:213.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- For the European Atherosclerosis Society Consensus Panel. Familial hypercholesterolaemia is underdiagnosed and undertreated in the general population: guidance for clinicians to prevent coronary heart disease Consensus Statement of the European Atherosclerosis Society.Eur. Heart J. 2013; 34 (3478–34902.2)
- Risk of fatal coronary heart disease in familial hypercholesterolaemia.Scientific Steering Committee on behalf of the Simon Broome Register Group BMJ. 1991; 303: 893
- Long-term risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in US adults with the familial hypercholesterolemia phenotype.Circulation. 2016; 134: 9-19
- Greater preclinical atherosclerosis in treated monogenic familial hypercholesterolemia vs. polygenic hypercholesterolemia.Atherosclerosis. 2017; 263: 405-411
- Mutations causative of familial hypercholesterolaemia: screening of 98.098 individuals from the Copenhagen General Population Study estimated a prevalence of 1 in 217.Eur. Heart J. 2016; 37: 1384-1394
- On behalf of the Simon Broome Familial Hyperlipidaemia Register Group, Reductions in all-cause, cancer, and coronary mortality in statin-treated patients with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia: a prospective registry study.Eur. Heart J. 2008; 29: 2625-2633
- Integrated guidance on the care of familial hypercholesterolaemia from the International FH Foundation.Int. J. Cardiol. 2014; 171: 309-325
- Genetic causes of monogenic heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia: a HuGE prevalence review.AJE (Am. J. Epidemiol.). 2004; 160: 407-420
- Prevalence of familial hypercholesterolemia in the 1999 to 2012 United States national health and nutrition examination surveys (NHANES).Circulation. 2016; 133: 1067-1072
- EAS Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Studies Collaboration Pooling and expanding registries of familial hypercholesterolaemia to assess gaps in care and improve disease management and outcomes: rationale and design of the global EAS Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Studies Collaboration.Atherosclerosis Suppl. 2016; : 1-32
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia—report of a Second WHO Consultation.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland1999 ((WHO publication no. WHO/HGN/FH/CONS/99.2)
- Familial hypercholesterolemia: the lipids or the genes?.Nutr. Metab. 2011; 8: 23
- Prevalence of diabetes mellitus and prediabetes in the adult Romanian population: PREDATORR study.J. Diabetes. 2016; : 336-344
- Prevalence and management of familial hypercholesterolaemia in coronary patients: an analysis of EUROASPIRE IV, a study of the European Society of Cardiology.Atherosclerosis. 2015; 241: 169-175
- The prevalence of familial hypercholesterolemia in children from Timisoara.Atherosclerosis. 2017; 263: e170-e171
- Familial hypercholesterolemia: screening, diagnosis and management of pediatric and adult patients, clinical guidance from the national lipid association expert panel on familial hypercholesterolemia.J. Clin. Lipidol. 2011; 5: S1-S8
- Diagnostic yield and clinical utility of sequencing familial hypercholesterolemia genes in patients with severe hypercholesterolemia.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2016; 67: 2578-2589