- •We developed risk prediction models for cardiovascular disease and its subtypes.
- •Our risk prediction models exhibited good performance and internal validity.
- •Predicted risk-based decision-making can be beneficial in primary prevention.
Background and aims
Abbreviations:BMI (body mass index), CVD (cardiovascular diseases), CHD (coronary heart diseases), HDL cholesterol (high-density lipoprotein cholesterol), IRE (individual risk estimates), LDL cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein cholesterol), SD (standard deviation), SE (standard error)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- ACC/AHA guideline on the treatment of blood cholesterol to reduce atherosclerotic cardiovascular risk in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.Circulation. 2013; 129 (2014): S1-S45
- Executive summary of the Japan atherosclerosis society (JAS) guidelines for the diagnosis and prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases in Japan-2012 version.J. Atheroscler. Thromb. 2014; 21: 291-295
- General cardiovascular risk profile for use in primary care: the Framingham heart study.Circulation. 2008; 117: 743-753
- SCORE project group. Estimation of ten-year risk of fatal cardiovascular disease in Europe: the SCORE project.Eur. Heart J. 2003; 24: 987-1003
- Epidemiology and risk factors of cerebral ischemia and ischemic heart diseases: similarities and differences.Curr. Cardiol. Rev. 2010; 6: 138-149
- Stroke and coronary heart disease: predictive power of standard risk factors into old age - long-term cumulative risk study among men in Gothenburg, Sweden.Eur. Heart J. 2013; 34: 1068-1074
- Development of a point-based prediction model for the incidence of total stroke: Japan Public Health Center Study.Stroke. 2013; 44: 1295-1302
- Development of a risk equation for the incidence of coronary artery disease and ischemic stroke for middle-aged Japanese - Japan Public Health Center-Based Prospective Study.Circ. J. 2016; 80: 1386-1395
- Predicting coronary heart disease using risk factor categories for a Japanese urban population, and comparison with the Framingham risk score: the Suita Study.J. Atheroscler. Thromb. 2014; : 784-798
- Jichi Medical School (JMS) Cohort Study Group, Risk charts illustrating the 10-year risk of myocardial infarction among residents of Japanese rural communities: the JMS Cohort Study.J. Epidemiol. 2009; 19: 94-100
- Jichi medical School (JMS) cohort study group, risk charts illustrating the 10-year risk of stroke among residents of Japanese rural communities: the JMS cohort study.J. Epidemiol. 2009; 19: 101-106
- Constructing the prediction model for the risk of stroke in a Chinese population: report from a cohort study in Taiwan.Stroke. 2010; 41: 1858-1864
- Development and validation of a cardiovascular risk prediction model for Japanese: the Hisayama Study.Hypertens. Res. 2009; 32: 1119-1122
- Serum non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and risk of cardiovascular disease in community dwellers with chronic kidney disease: the Hisayama Study.J. Atheroscler. Thromb. 2017; : 706-715
- A multi-biomarker risk score improves prediction of long-term mortality in patients with advanced heart failure.Int. J. Cardiol. 2013; 168: 1251-1257
- Multivariable Prognostic Models: issues in developing models, evaluating assumptions and adequacy, and measuring and reducing errors.Stat. Med. 1996; 28: 361-387
- Presentation of multivariate data for clinical use: the Framingham Study risk score functions.Stat. Med. 2004; 23: 1631-1660
- Decision curve analysis: a novel method for evaluating prediction models.Med. Decis. Mak. 2008; 26: 565-574
- Net benefit approaches to the evaluation of prediction models, molecular markers, and diagnostic tests.BMJ. 2016; 352: i6
- Risk assessment chart for death from cardiovascular disease based on a 19-year follow-up study of a Japanese representative population.Circ. J. 2006; 70: 1249-1255
- Prediction models for cardiovascular disease risk in the general population: systematic review.BMJ. 2016; 353: i2416
- A lipidologist perspective of global lipid guidelines and recommendations, part 1: lipid treatment targets and risk assessment.J. Clin. Lipidol. 2016; 10: 228-239
- Non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and the development of coronary heart disease and stroke subtypes in a general Japanese population: the Hisayama Study.Atherosclerosis. 2014; 233: 343-348
- Support of personalized medicine through risk-stratified treatment recommendations - an environmental scan of clinical practice guidelines.BMC Med. 2013; 11: 7