- •Familial chylomicronemia syndrome (FCS) is a rare autosomal recessive disease.
- •Multifactorial chylomicronemia (MCM) is a polygenic disorder.
- •Both FCS and MCM patients have very high and variable triglycerides concentration.
- •FCS patients presented a higher frequency of pancreatitis than MCM patients.
- •FCS patients presented less metabolic abnormalities than MCM patients.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Chylomicronaemia–current diagnosis and future therapies.Nat. Rev. Endocrinol. 2015; 11: 352-362
- Primary lipoprotein-lipase-activity deficiency: clinical investigation of a French Canadian population.CMAJ (Can. Med. Assoc. J.). 1989; 140: 405-411
- Familial chylomicronemia syndrome related chronic pancreatitis: a single-center study.Hepatobiliary Pancreat. Dis. Int. 2014; 13: 209-214
- Identification and diagnosis of patients with familial chylomicronaemia syndrome (FCS): expert panel recommendations and proposal of an "FCS score.Atherosclerosis. 2018; 275: 265-272
- Targeting APOC3 in the familial chylomicronemia syndrome.N. Engl. J. Med. 2014; 371: 2200-2206
- Specific assays for lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase activities of post-heparin plasma.in: Peeters H. Protides of Biological Fluids. Permagon Press, Oxford1978: 243-246
- Harmonizing the metabolic syndrome: a joint interim statement of the international diabetes federation task force on epidemiology and prevention; national Heart, lung, and blood Institute; American Heart association; world Heart federation; international atherosclerosis society; and international association for the study of obesity.Circulation. 2009; 120: 1640-1645
- The burden of familial chylomicronemia syndrome from the patients' perspective.Expert Rev. Cardiovasc Ther. 2017; 15: 879-887
- Issues in hypertriglyceridemic pancreatitis: an update.J. Clin. Gastroenterol. 2014; 48: 195-203
- Etiology and risk of lactescent plasma and severe hypertriglyceridemia.J Clin Lipidol. 2011; 5: 37-44
- Gamma glutamyltransferase and metabolic syndrome risk: a systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis.Int. J. Clin. Pract. 2015; 69: 136-144
- Role of obesity and lipotoxicity in the development of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: pathophysiology and clinical implications.Gastroenterology. 2012; 142 (e6): 711-725
- Alterations in plasma triglycerides lipolysis in patients with history of multifactorial chylomicronemia.Atherosclerosis. 2017; 265: 22-28
- Premature atherosclerosis in patients with familial chylomicronemia caused by mutations in the lipoprotein lipase gene.N. Engl. J. Med. 1996; 335: 848-854
- Clinical and biochemical features of different molecular etiologies of familial chylomicronemia.J Clin Lipidol. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacl.2018.03.093