- •The subsequent mortality rate in patients with PSD is increased compared to those without.
- •Average hospital day and frequency of medical visit would be increased in patients with PSD.
- •Our findings provide crucial information for clinicians and the government to improve survival of patients after stroke.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Systematic overview of economic evaluations of health-related rehabilitation.Disabil Health J. 2016; 9: 11-25
- Impact of neurologic deficits on motor imagery: a systematic review of clinical evaluations.Neuropsychol. Rev. 2014; 24: 116-147
- Incidence, prevalence, costs, and impact on disability of common conditions requiring rehabilitation in the United States: stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, limb loss, and back pain.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2014; 95: 986-995
- Pediatric evaluation of disability inventory: a cross-cultural comparison of daily function between Taiwanese and American children.Res. Dev. Disabil. 2010; 31: 1590-1600
- Culture and human development: implications for parenting, education, pediatrics, and mental health.in: fifth ed. Handbook of Child Psychology: Child Psychology in Practice. vol. 4. John Wiley & Sons Inc, Hoboken, NJ1998: 1059-1109
- Brain health and shared risk factors for dementia and stroke.Nat. Rev. Neurol. 2015; 11: 651-657
- Effects of hypertension and hypercholesterolemia on cognitive functioning in patients with Alzheimer disease.Alzheimer Dis. Assoc. Disord. 2008; 22: 336-342
- Smoking and cognitive decline among middle-aged men and women: the Doetinchem Cohort Study.Am. J. Public Health. 2008; 98: 2244-2250
- Poststroke dementia is associated with recurrent ischemic stroke.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2013; 84: 722-726
- Prevalence, incidence, and factors associated with pre-stroke and post-stroke dementia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Neurol. 2009; 8: 1006-1018
- Taiwan.(cited in 2017)
- Risk of acute coronary syndrome and peripheral arterial disease in chronic liver disease and cirrhosis: a nationwide population-based study.Atherosclerosis. 2018; 270: 154-159
- The effect of antibiotic prophylaxis for acute pelvic inflammatory disease after hysterosalpingography: a retrospective cohort study.Curr. Med. Res. Opin. 2018; 10: 1-6
- Poststroke dementia predicts poor survival in long-term follow-up: influence of prestroke cognitive decline and previous stroke.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2009; 80: 865-870
- Post-stroke delirium in relation to dementia and long-term mortality.Int. J. Geriatr. Psychiatry. 2012; 27: 401-408
- Poststroke dementia.Lancet Neurol. 2005; 4: 752-759
- Dementia risk after spontaneous intracerebral haemorrhage: a prospective cohort study.Lancet Neurol. 2016; 15: 820-829
- The neuropathology and cerebrovascular mechanisms of dementia.J. Cereb. Blood Flow Metab. 2016; 36: 172-186
- Neuropathology and general autopsy findings in nondemented aged subjects.Clin. Neuropathol. 2012; 31: 87-98
- Ecology of the aging human brain.Arch. Neurol. 2011; 68: 1049-1056
- Gender differences in health care utilization among veterans with chronic pain.J. Gen. Intern. Med. 2007; 22: 228-233
- Gender differences in health care expenditures, resource utilization, and quality of care.J. Manag. Care Pharm. 2008; 14 (Supp l:2–6)