- •In patients with atrial fibrillation, LPS is directly associated with high PCSK9 levels.
- •Nox2-related oxidative stress significantly correlated with PCSK9.
- •Patients with elevated LPS and PCSK9 had an increased risk of cardiovascular events.
- •Consumption of olive oil and wine was inversely associated with PCSK9.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intestinal microbiota in cardiovascular health and disease: JACC state-of-the-art review.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2019; 73: 2089-2105
- Metabolic endotoxemia and diabetes mellitus: a systematic review.Metab. Clin. Exp. 2017; 68: 133-144
- The gut microbiota, obesity and insulin resistance.Mol. Asp. Med. 2013; 34: 39-58
- Influence of gut microbiota on the development and progression of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.Eur. J. Nutr. 2018; 57: 861-876
- Lipopolysaccharide as trigger of platelet aggregation via eicosanoid over-production.Thromb. Haemost. 2017 Jul 26; 117: 1558-1570
- Localization of lipopolysaccharide from Escherichia Coli into human atherosclerotic plaque.Sci. Rep. 2018; 8: 3598
- PCSK9: from biology to clinical applications.Pathology. 2019 Feb; 51: 177-183
- Inhibiting PCSK9 - biology beyond LDL control.Nat. Rev. Endocrinol. 2018; 15: 52-62
- Targeting the proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 for the treatment of dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2013; 62: 1401-1408
- Local effects of human PCSK9 on the atherosclerotic lesion.J. Pathol. 2016; 238: 52-62
- PCSK9 regulates expression of scavenger receptors and ox-LDL uptake in macrophages.Cardiovasc. Res. 2018; 114: 1145-1153
- Is there a clinical role for oxidative stress biomarkers in atherosclerotic diseases?.Intern.Emerg. Med. 2014; 9: 123-131
- PCSK9 expression in the ischaemic heart and its relationship to infarct size, cardiac function, and development of autophagy.Cardiovasc. Res. 2018; 114: 1738-1751
- Cross-talk between LOX-1 and PCSK9 in vascular tissues.Cardiovasc. Res. 2015; 107: 556-567
- Antioxidants for prevention of atrial fibrillation: a potentially useful future therapeutic approach? A review of the literature and meta-analysis, Europace: european pacing, arrhythmias, and cardiac electrophysiology.J.working.Groups.Cardiac Pacing.Arrhythm. Card.Cell.Electrophysiol.Eur.Soc.Cardiol. 2014; 16: 1107-1116
- Serum NOX2 and urinary isoprostanes predict vascular events in patients with atrial fibrillation.Thromb. Haemostasis. 2015; 113: 617-624
- Gut-derived serum lipopolysaccharide is associated with enhanced risk of major adverse cardiovascular events in atrial fibrillation: effect of adherence to mediterranean diet.J. Am.Heart Assoc. 2017; 6
- Relationship of PCSK9 and urinary thromboxane excretion to cardiovascular events in patients with atrial fibrillation.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2017; 70: 1455-1462
- Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation: the Task Force for the Management of Atrial Fibrillation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), Europace: european pacing, arrhythmias, and cardiac electrophysiology: journal of the working groups on cardiac pacing, arrhythmias.Card.Cell.Electrophysiol.Eur.Soc.Cardiol. 2010; 12: 1360-1420
- Does mediterranean diet reduce cardiovascular events and oxidative stress in atrial fibrillation?.Antioxidants Redox Signal. 2015; 23: 682-687
- Inflammation stimulates the expression of PCSK9.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2008; 374: 341-344
- Adherence to Mediterranean diet and health status: meta-analysis.BMJ. 2008; 337: a1344
- Is there an interplay between adherence to mediterranean diet, antioxidant status, and vascular disease in atrial fibrillation patients?.Antioxidants Redox Signal. 2016; 25: 751-755
- Atrial fibrillation and myocardial infarction: a systematic review and appraisal of pathophysiologic mechanisms.J. Am.Heart Assoc. 2016; 5
- Lipopolysaccharide as trigger of platelet aggregation via eicosanoid over-production.Thromb. Haemostasis. 2017; 117: 1558-1570
- Integrating diet and inflammation to calculate cardiovascular risk.Atherosclerosis. 2016; 253: 258-261
- Quit smoking to outsmart atherogenesis: molecular mechanisms underlying clinical evidence.Atherosclerosis. 2017; 257: 242-245
- Elevated circulating PCSK-9 concentration in renal failure patients is corrected by renal replacement therapy.Am. J. Nephrol. 2014; 40: 157-163
- Plasma PCSK9 in nephrotic syndrome and in peritoneal dialysis: a cross-sectional study.Am. J. Kidney Dis.: Off.J.Natl.Kidney.Found. 2014; 63: 584-589
- New role of PCSK9 in atherosclerotic inflammation promotion involving the TLR4/NF-kappaB pathway.Atherosclerosis. 2017; 262: 113-122