- •A large mount of exosomes were present in adventitia of aneurysmal tiusses, and mainly from macrophages.
- •GW4869, an inhibitor of exosome biogenesis, significantly reduced dilation of calcium phosphate (CaPO4)-induced AAA.
- •Macrophage-derived exosomes induced MMP-2 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells by activating JNK and p38 pathways.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pharmacological therapy of abdominal aortic aneurysm: an update.Curr. Vasc. Pharmacol. 2018; 16: 114-124
- Progressive development of aberrant smooth muscle cell phenotype in abdominal aortic aneurysm disease.J. Vasc. Res. 2018; 55: 35-46
- Monocytes and macrophages in abdominal aortic aneurysm.Nat. Rev. Cardiol. 2017; 14: 457-471
- Matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 work in concert to produce aortic aneurysms.J.Clin.Invest. 2002; 110: 625-632
- Cross-talk between macrophages, smooth muscle cells, and endothelial cells in response to cigarette smoke: the effects on MMP2 and 9.Mol. Cell. Biochem. 2015; 410: 75-84
- Cross-talk between macrophages and smooth muscle cells impairs collagen and metalloprotease synthesis and promotes angiogenesis.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2016; 1863: 1568-1578
- Exosomes: fundamental biology and roles in cardiovascular physiology.Annu. Rev. Physiol. 2016; 78: 67-83
- Extracellular vesicles in coronary artery disease.Nat. Rev. Cardiol. 2017; 14: 259-272
- Exosomes, the message transporters in vascular calcification.J. Cell Mol. Med. 2018; 22: 4024-4033
- Blockade of exosome generation with GW4869 dampens the sepsis-induced inflammation and cardiac dysfunction.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2015; 1852: 2362-2371
- Exosome reduction in vivo is associated with lower amyloid plaque load in the 5XFAD mouse model of Alzheimer's disease.Neurobiol. Aging. 2014; 35: 1792-1800
- Macrophage microvesicles induce macrophage differentiation and miR-223 transfer.Blood. 2013; 121: 984-995
- Macrophage foam cell-derived extracellular vesicles promote vascular smooth muscle cell migration and adhesion.J. Am.Heart.Assoc. 2016; 5e004099
- Macrophage-derived exosomes induce inflammatory factors in endothelial cells under hypertensive conditions.Hypertens. Res. 2016; 40: 353-360
- Human mesenchymal stromal cell-derived extracellular vesicles attenuate aortic aneurysm formation and macrophage activation via microRNA-147.FASEB (Fed. Am. Soc. Exp. Biol.) J. 2018; (fj201701138RR)https://doi.org/10.1096/fj.201701138RR
- Accelerated aneurysmal dilation associated with apoptosis and inflammation in a newly developed calcium phosphate rodent abdominal aortic aneurysm model.J. Vasc. Surg. 2012; 56: 455-461
- Thrombospondin-1 (TSP1) contributes to the development of vascular inflammation by regulating monocytic cell motility in mouse models of abdominal aortic aneurysm.Circ. Res. 2015; 117: 129-141
- Elevated protein kinase C-δ contributes to aneurysm pathogenesis through stimulation of apoptosis and inflammatory signaling.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2012; 32: 2493-2502
- Macrophage exosomes induce placental inflammatory cytokines: a novel mode of maternal-placental messaging.Traffic. 2016; 17: 168-178
- Vascular smooth muscle cell calcification is mediated by regulated exosome secretion.Circ. Res. 2015; 116: 1312-1323
- Mitogen-activated protein kinases mediate matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells, Arterioscler.Thromb.Vasc.Biol. 2000; 20: 2527-2532
- Rubiarbonone C inhibits platelet-derived growth factor-induced proliferation and migration of vascular smooth muscle cells through the focal adhesion kinase, MAPK and STAT3 Tyr705 signaling pathways.Br. J. Pharmacol. 2017; 174: 4140-4154
- Extracellular vesicles and atherosclerotic disease.Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 2015; 72: 2697-2708
- Monocyte exosomes induce adhesion molecules and cytokines via activation of NF-kappaB in endothelial cells.FASEB (Fed. Am. Soc. Exp. Biol.) J. 2016; 30: 3097-3106
- Prothrombin loading of vascular smooth muscle cell-derived exosomes regulates coagulation and calcification.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2017; 37: e22-e32
- Depletion of microglia and inhibition of exosome synthesis halt tau propagation.Nat. Neurosci. 2015; 18: 1584-1593
- nSMase2 (Type 2-Neutral Sphingomyelinase) deficiency or inhibition by GW4869 reduces inflammation and atherosclerosis in Apoe-/- mice.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2018; 38: 1479-1492
- SM22α(Smooth Muscle 22α) prevents aortic aneurysm formation by inhibiting smooth muscle cell phenotypic switching through suppressing reactive oxygen species/NF-κB (Nuclear Factor-κB).Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2019; 39: e10-e25
- New insight into isolation, identification techniques and medical applications of exosomes.J. Control. Release. 2019; 17: 119-129