- •Fewer participants achieved the ideal cardiovascular health.
- •The more cardiovascular health metrics, lower the risk of acute myocardial infarction.
- •≥6 cardiovascular health metrics had 87% reduced risk of acute myocardial infarction.
- •Findings are consistent on further adjustments with covariates.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- WHO.World Heart Day, 2019
- Mendis S. Puska P. Norrving B. Global Atlas on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Control. World Health Organization, 2011: 1-54
- Burden of acute myocardial infarction.Int. J. Cardiol. 2011; 150: 111-112
- Recent trends in economic burden of acute myocardial infarction in South Korea.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0117446
- Epidemiological studies of CHD and the evolution of preventive cardiology.Nat. Rev. Cardiol. 2014; 11: 276-289
- Defining and setting national goals for cardiovascular health promotion and disease reduction: the American Heart Association's strategic Impact Goal through 2020 and beyond.Circulation. 2010; 121: 586-613
- Ideal cardiovascular health predicts lower risks of myocardial infarction, stroke, and vascular death across whites, blacks, and hispanics: the northern Manhattan study.Circulation. 2012; 125: 2975-2984
- Ideal cardiovascular health and mortality from all causes and diseases of the circulatory system among adults in the United States.Circulation. 2012; 125: 987-995
- Prevalence of ideal cardiovascular health and its relationship with the 4-year cardiovascular events in a northern Chinese industrial city.Circ. Cardiovasc. Qual. Outcomes. 2012; 5: 487-493
- The ideal cardiovascular health metrics associated inversely with mortality from all causes and from cardiovascular diseases among adults in a Northern Chinese industrial city.PLoS One. 2014; 9e89161
- American heart association's cardiovascular health metrics and risk of cardiovascular disease mortality among a middle-aged male Scandinavian population.Ann. Med. 2019; : 1-8
- Cardiovascular health and the modifiable burden of incident myocardial infarction: the Tromsø Study.BMC Public Health. 2015; 15: 221
- Is there a continuing need for longitudinal epidemiologic research? The Kuopio ischaemic heart disease risk factor study.Ann. Clin. Res. 1988; 20: 46-50
- Elevated systolic blood pressure during recovery from exercise and the risk of sudden cardiac death.J. Hypertens. 2014; 32: 659-666
- Relation of systemic blood pressure to sudden cardiac death.Am. J. Cardiol. 2012; 110: 378-382
- High stored iron levels are associated with excess risk of myocardial infarction in eastern Finnish men.Circulation. 1992; 86: 803-811
- Intra-person variability of various physical activity assessments in the Kuopio ischaemic heart disease risk factor study.Int. J. Epidemiol. 1992; 21: 467-472
- Association between sauna bathing and fatal cardiovascular and all-cause mortality events.JAMA Int. Med. 2015; 175: 542-548
- HDL, HDL2, and HDL3 subfractions, and the risk of acute myocardial infarction. A prospective population study in eastern Finnish men.Circulation. 1991; 84: 129-139
- Systolic blood pressure response to exercise testing is related to the risk of acute myocardial infarction in middle-aged men.Eur. J. Cardiovasc. Prev. Rehabil. 2006; 13: 421-428
- Salt consumption and cardiovascular, renal, and hypertensive diseases: clinical and mechanistic aspects.Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 2012; 23: 11-16
- Modeling Survival Data: Extending the Cox Model, New York.2000
G. Bamba, T. Muriel, A. Dominique, Montaye Michèle, W. Aline, Ruidavets Jean‐Bernard, et al., Ideal cardiovascular health and incident cardiovascular disease: heterogeneity across event subtypes and mediating effect of blood biomarkers: the PRIME study, J. Am. Heart Assoc. 6 pp. e006389.
- Ideal cardiovascular health: associations with biomarkers and subclinical disease and impact on incidence of cardiovascular disease in the Framingham Offspring Study.Circulation. 2014; 130: 1676-1683
- Ideal cardiovascular health and risk of cardiovascular events in the EPIC-Norfolk prospective population study.Eur. J. Prev. Cardiol. 2016; 23: 986-994
- Association of cardiovascular health with subclinical disease and incident events: the multi-ethnic study of Atherosclerosis.J. Am. Heart Assoc. 2017; 6
- Ideal cardiovascular health and incidence of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease among Chinese adults: the China-PAR project.Sci. China Life Sci. 2018; 61: 504-514
- Community prevalence of ideal cardiovascular health, by the American heart association definition, and relationship with cardiovascular disease incidence.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2011; 57: 1690-1696