- •We developed a risk prediction model for patients with non-obstructive CAD by CCTA.
- •The prediction model included clinical factors and extent of non-obstructive CAD.
- •Statin therapy improved outcomes in the high-risk group by the prediction model.
- •Use of aspirin was associated with worse outcomes in the low-risk group.
- •The prediction model can guide preventive medical therapy for non-obstructive CAD.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Nonobstructive coronary artery disease and risk of myocardial infarction.J. Am. Med. Assoc. 2014; 312: 1754-1763
- Prognostic value of nonobstructive and obstructive coronary artery disease detected by coronary computed tomography angiography to identify cardiovascular events.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014; 7: 282-291
- Mortality risk in symptomatic patients with nonobstructive coronary artery disease: a prospective 2-center study of 2,583 patients undergoing 64-detector row coronary computed tomographic angiography.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2011; 58: 510-519
- Coronary artery disease detected by coronary computed tomographic angiography is associated with intensification of preventive medical therapy and lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014; 7: 629-638
- Prognostic and therapeutic implications of statin and aspirin therapy in individuals with nonobstructive coronary artery disease: results from the CONFIRM (COronary CT Angiography EvaluatioN for Clinical Outcomes: an InteRnational Multicenter registry) registry.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2015; 35: 981-989
- Statin therapy is associated with lower all-cause mortality in patients with non-obstructive coronary artery disease.Atherosclerosis. 2015; 239: 335-342
- 10-Year coronary heart disease risk prediction using coronary artery calcium and traditional risk factors: derivation in the MESA (Multi-Ethnic study of atherosclerosis) with validation in the HNR (Heinz Nixdorf Recall) study and the DHS (Dallas heart study).J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2015; 66: 1643-1653
- Optimized prognostic score for coronary computed tomographic angiography: results from the CONFIRM registry (COronary CT Angiography EvaluatioN for Clinical Outcomes: an InteRnational Multicenter Registry).J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2013; 62: 468-476
- Coronary computed tomography angiography vs. myocardial single photon emission computed tomography in patients with intermediate risk chest pain: a randomized clinical trial for cost-effectiveness comparison based on real-world cost.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2019; 20: 417-425https://doi.org/10.1093/ehjci/jey099
- SCCT guidelines for performance of coronary computed tomographic angiography: a report of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography Guidelines Committee.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2009; 3: 190-204
- Prognosis of anatomic coronary artery disease without myocardial ischemia: coronary computed tomography angiography detects high-risk patients even in cases of negative single-photon emission computed tomography findings.J. Cardiol. 2018; 72: 162-169
- Mortality incidence and the severity of coronary atherosclerosis assessed by computed tomography angiography.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2008; 52: 1335-1343
- AHA/ACC/AACVPR/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/ADA/AGS/APHA/ASPC/NLA/PCNA guideline on the management of blood cholesterol: a report of the American college of cardiology/American heart association task force on clinical practice guidelines.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2019; 73: e285-e350https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2018.11.003
- Ten-year association of coronary artery calcium with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) events: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA).Eur. Heart J. 2018; 39: 2401-2408
- SCCT/STR guidelines for coronary artery calcium scoring of noncontrast noncardiac chest CT scans: a report of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography and Society of Thoracic Radiology.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2016; 11 (2017): 74-84
- Impact of statins on cardiovascular outcomes following coronary artery calcium scoring.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2018; 72: 3233-3242
- Coronary artery calcium testing in symptomatic patients: an issue of diagnostic efficiency.Curr Cardiovasc Imaging Rep. 2013; 6: 211-220
- Prediction error estimation: a comparison of resampling methods.Bioinformatics. 2005; 21: 3301-3307
- Effects of statins on coronary atherosclerotic plaques: the PARADIGM study.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018; 11: 1475-1484
- Additional prognostic value of brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity to coronary computed tomography angiography in patients with suspected coronary artery disease.Atherosclerosis. 2018; 268: 127-137
- Use of coronary computed tomographic angiography to guide management of patients with coronary disease.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2016; 67: 1759-1768
- Patient management after noninvasive cardiac imaging results from SPARC (Study of myocardial perfusion and coronary anatomy imaging roles in coronary artery disease).J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2012; 59: 462-474
- C-reactive protein as a risk factor for coronary heart disease: a systematic review and meta-analyses for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.Ann. Intern. Med. 2009; 151: 483-495
- Is anemia a new cardiovascular risk factor?.Int. J. Cardiol. 2015; 186: 117-124
- [Anemia and myocardial ischemia: relationships and interferences].Recenti Prog Med. 2006; 97: 153-164
- Relation between hemoglobin level and recurrent myocardial ischemia in acute coronary syndromes detected by continuous electrocardiographic monitoring.Am. J. Cardiol. 2010; 106: 1417-1422
- Relation between anemia and vulnerable coronary plaque components in patients with acute coronary syndrome: virtual histology-intravascular ultrasound analysis.J. Korean Med. Sci. 2012; 27: 370-376
- Variations in use of optimal medical therapy in patients with nonobstructive coronary artery disease: a population-based study.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6
- Use of aspirin to reduce risk of initial vascular events in patients at moderate risk of cardiovascular disease (ARRIVE): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1036-1046
- Effects of aspirin for primary prevention in persons with diabetes mellitus.N. Engl. J. Med. 2018; 379: 1529-1539