Ever since the first studies demonstrated a role for the, then newly discovered, microRNAs in cardiac development [
] and cardiac hypertrophy [
- Kwon C.
- Han Z.
- Olson E.N.
- et al.
MicroRNA1 influences cardiac differentiation in Drosophila and regulates Notch signaling.
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2005; 102: 18986-18991
], the field on noncoding research in cardiovascular disease has been rapidly expanding. Noncoding RNAs have since been shown to play a role in all forms of cardiovascular disease and it has become hard to imagine cardiovascular research without studies on noncoding RNAs.
- van Rooij E.
- Sutherland L.B.
- Liu N.
- et al.
A signature pattern of stress-responsive microRNAs that can evoke cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure.
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2006; 103: 18255-18260
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atherosclerosis
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- MicroRNA1 influences cardiac differentiation in Drosophila and regulates Notch signaling.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2005; 102: 18986-18991
- A signature pattern of stress-responsive microRNAs that can evoke cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2006; 103: 18255-18260
- Long noncoding RNAs in cardiovascular diseases.Circ. Res. 2015; 116: 737-750
- A meta-analysis of the genomic and transcriptomic composition of complex life.Cell Cycle. 2013; 12: 2061-2072
- Translating the Epitranscriptome. vol. 8. Wiley interdisciplinary reviews. RNA, 2017
- Structure and function of long noncoding RNAs in epigenetic regulation.Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 2013; 20: 300-307
- The multidimensional mechanisms of long noncoding RNA function.Genome Biol. 2017; 18: 206
- MicroRNAs: genomics, biogenesis, mechanism, and function.Cell. 2004; 116: 281-297
- MicroRNA therapeutics for cardiovascular disease: opportunities and obstacles.Nat. Rev. Drug Discov. 2012; 11: 860-872
- The multifactorial nature of microRNAs in vascular remodelling.Cardiovasc. Res. 2016; 110: 6-22
- C/D box snoRNA SNORD113-6/AF357425 plays a dual role in integrin signalling and arterial fibroblast function via pre-mRNA processing and 2'O-ribose methylation.Hum. Mol. Genet. 2022; 31: 1051-1066
- Death by lipids: the role of small nucleolar RNAs in metabolic stress.J. Biol. Chem. 2020; 295: 8628-8635
- tRNA-derived fragments (tRFs): emerging new roles for an ancient RNA in the regulation of gene expression.Life. 2015; 5: 1638-1651
- Stress induces tRNA cleavage by angiogenin in mammalian cells.FEBS Lett. 2009; 583: 437-442
- Long non-coding RNAs at the crossroad of vascular smooth muscle cell phenotypic modulation in atherosclerosis and neointimal formation.Atherosclerosis. 2022;
- Endothelial microRNAs and long noncoding RNAs in cardiovascular ageing.Atherosclerosis. 2023;
- RNA-binding proteins in vascular inflammation and atherosclerosis.Atherosclerosis. 2023;
- Exploring the genetic basis of coronary artery disease using functional genomics.Atherosclerosis. 2023;
- Antisense-based therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy.J. Cell Biol. 2012; 199: 21-25
- Lipid-lowering agents.Circ. Res. 2019; 124: 386-404
- RNA-based therapy in the management of lipid disorders: a review.Lipids Health Dis. 2022; 21: 41
- Targeting and delivery of microRNA-targeting antisense oligonucleotides in cardiovascular diseases.Atherosclerosis. 2022;
- The epitranscriptome: RNA modifications in vascular remodelling.Atherosclerosis. 2022;
- The emerging landscape of non-conventional RNA functions in atherosclerosis.Atherosclerosis. 2023;
Published online: May 04, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
© 2023 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.