Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atherosclerosis
- Familial hypercholesterolaemia.in: Stanbury J.B. Wyngaarden J.B. Fredrickson D.S. Goldstein J.L. Brown M.S. The metabolic basis of inherited disease. 5th edn. McGraw-Hill, New York1983: 672-712
Simon Broome Register Group. Risk of fatal coronary heart disease in familial hypercholesterolaemia. B Med J 1991;303:893–6.
Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study Group. Randomised trial of cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease: the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S). Lancet 1994;344:1383–9.
- Prevention of coronary heart disease in men with hypercholesterolaemia.New Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1301-1307
- Carcinogenicity of lipid-lowering drugs.J Am Med Assoc. 1996; 275: 55-60
- Evidence-based management of dyslipidaemia.Lancet. 1995; 346: 1440-1441
- The Sheffield table for primary prevention of coronary disease: corrected.Lancet. 1996; 348: 1251-1252
- Cardiovascular disease risk profiles.Am Heart J. 1990; 121: 293-298
- Estimation of the concentration of low density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma without use of preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- Cohort study analysis with a Fortran computer program.Int J Epidemiol. 1986; 15: 134-137
- The design and analysis of cohort studies.in: Statistical analysis in cancer research. 2. Oxford University Press, Oxford1988: 69
- Coronary disease in familial hypercholesterolaemia.Circulation. 1976; 36: 77-82
- Cholesterol and heart disease in older persons and women: review of an NHLBI workshop.Ann Epidemiol. 1992; 2: 155-160
- Is relationship between cholesterol and risk of premature death from coronary heart disease continuous and graded?.J Am Med Assoc. 1986; 256: 2823-2828
- Family similarities in the age at coronary death in familial hypercholesterolaemia.B Med J. 1977; 2: 493-495
- Comparison of the effect of two low-density lipoprotein receptor class mutations on coronary heart disease among French-Canadian patients heterozygous for familial hypercholesterolaemia.Eur J Clin Invest. 1997; 27: 366-373
- Influence of specific mutations at the LDL receptor gene locus on the response to simvastatin therapy in Afrikaner patients with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia.Atherosclerosis. 1993; 98: 51-58
- Genotypic and phenotypic variation in familial hypercholesterolaemia.Atherosclerosis. 1989; 9: 75-80
- Familial hypercholesterolaemia and apolipoprotein E4.Atherosclerosis. 1988; 72: 123-128
- Relation of serum lipoprotein(a) phenotype to coronary heart disease in patients with familial hypercholesterolaemia.New Engl J Med. 1990; 322: 1494-1499
- Mortality and cholesterol metabolism in familial hypercholesterolaemia.Atherosclerosis. 1988; 8: 163-167
- Genetic and environmental factors affecting the incidence of coronary heart disease in heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia.Atheroscler Thromb. 1991; 11: 290-297
- Ischaemic disease in men and women with familial hpercholesterolaemia and xanthomatosis.Atherosclerosis. 1976; 24: 441-450
- Plasma high-density lipoproteins and ischemic heart disease.Ann Intern Med. 1978; 89: 871-880
- Plasma triglyceride-related disease in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and its association with myocardial infarction in heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia.Metabolism. 1986; 35: 311-316
Colhoun H, Prescott-Clarke P, editors. Health Survey for England 1994, Vol. 1: Findings. London: HMSO, 1996.
- The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after myocardial infarction in patients with average cholesterol levels.New Engl Med J. 1996; 335: 1001-1009
Lipid Research Clinics Program. The Lipid Research Clinics Coronary Primary Prevention Trial Results II. The relationship of reduction in incidence of coronary heart disease to cholesterol lowering. J Am Med Assoc 1984;251:365–74.
- Normal lipid and lipoprotein levels in childhood and adolescence.in: Neil A. Rees A. Taylor C. Hyperlipidaemia in childhood. Royal College of Physicians of London, London1996: 9-16
- Coronary event and case fatality rates in an English population: results of the Oxford Myocardial Infaction Incidence Study.Heart. 1998; 79: 40-44
- Risks of ischaemic heart disease in familial hyperlipidaemic states.Lancet. 1969; ii: 1380-1382
- Coronary artery disease in 116 kindred with familial type II hyperlipoproteinaemia.Circulation. 1974; 49: 476-488
- Familial hypercholesterolaemia, Ch. 5.in: Hyperlipidaemia, diagnosis and management. 2nd edition. Butterworth Heinemann, London1995: 108-139